Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Buckets of Ribbon!

If I had to pick one or two things that were my go-to party decorations it would be glass containers and ribbon.  Glass containers are so versatile and you can re-invent a use for them from party to party.  But ribbon - excuse the pun, can tie a party theme together.

I use ribbon on everything!  For Ethan's party I put ribbon on the galvanized tin cupcake tower, on the re-purposed drink caddies and of course on all of the glass containers for the candy table. 
 



Last night, as my husband was cursing at the Packer game (because you know, Mike McCarthy can hear all those arm chair quarterbacks across Packer land), I was starting to prepare for the Halloween party - adorning all my great printables and dollar aisle finds with coordinating ribbon.  At least it got my mind off of the terrible 2nd half of the game!

I mentioned in a previous post that the Halloween party is for kids so I am avoiding a spooky theme.  Instead, I'm going with orange and black polka dots and stripes.  I found lots of coordinating ribbon at Hobby Lobby, Michael's and my favorite online Ribbon store, The Ribbon Retreat.  They have every kind of ribbon, including groupings of ribbon made to match various themes. 

I used my theme-centered ribbon to adorn these Target dollar aisle jack-o-lantern tins.


In a previous post, I featured the Anders Ruff printable Halloween collection.  Here is the Trick or Treat banner put together with my ribbon.  (I apologize for the dark photos.)



 Here are some of my other favorite party bloggers' uses of ribbon:

The backdrop for a candy/sweets table:


A more subdued version:


A chandelier:


Custom Table Coverings:

(I LOVE this!!!)

Napkins:




Treats:






Favors:

I better stop there.  I could get carried away...  If you have other ideas for ribbon, I'd love to hear from you and see your ideas.  Contact me at the link above or post your link in your comment.

This weekend we are off to Door County for my Grandma's 90th Birthday Bash.  My cousin has fallen ill so send your good thoughts her way so she can join us!  Can't wait to post pictures from the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment