Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Green and Brown Baby Carriage Baby Shower

While I'm (impatiently) waiting the arrival of the pictures from Ethan's birthday party, I thought I'd post some pictures from my sister's baby shower.  My nephew turns one in a few months and it was fun to look back at the pictures from the shower. 

The colors of the shower were taken from the colors my sister chose for the baby's room.  My friend Rebecca (I think she should start paying me for each time I mention her in this blog :) had given me adorable white wicker baby carriages for my other sister's shower 6 years ago.  My mom saved them, hoping to put them to use again!  We bought flowers from the farmer's market and put arrangements on each table.

I looked to Etsy to find cute coordinating green and brown baby carriage party decor.  I found the cutest things from my go-to cupcake topper and favor tag gal at Ciao Bambino on Etsy.  I have used her for Grace and Ethan's parties more than once and couldn't be happier with the results.




The shower was held in the Fall in Wisconsin which equals BRRRR!!!!  My sister did not want a formal event so we held it in my parent's garage (do you see a theme of my parties - garages seem to equal party spaces.)  I wouldn't exactly call my parent's garage an actual garage.  It is nicer and cleaner than some people's homes.  After all, who has custom cabinetry and a furnace in their garage?  My dad of course :) 



I found brown and green polka dot balloons on ebay.  The balloons were tied to the baby carriage centerpieces.

My mom is the dessert queen.  She really should open her own bakery some day.  She decided we would have all green and brown desserts for the shower.  Yum, Yum!  She made pistachio tort, chocolate mint brownies, and grasshopper pie.  I added the cupcakes and the baby carriage chocolates.  The dessert table turned out adorable.



I made a diaper cake using my sister's color scheme.  After pricing them online, I decided to try it myself.  The hardest thing is rolling all the diapers.  But after getting the hang if it, it really is pretty easy.  There are several tutorials on the web for a DYI diaper cake.


Keeping with the baby carriage theme, each guest received a baby carriage wild flower seed packet. 



It was a great shower and my nephew is one of the sweetest little guys (next to Ethan of course!) 

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post the pics from Ethan's party.

1 comment:

  1. great party! I love all the little details and that diaper cake - swoon! Great job!

    p.s. thanks for all the blog luv!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete