Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

I feel like I'm about to engage in a race so I thought the title was appropriate (albeit a little corny!)  Less than 48 hours before Ethan's Cars 3rd Birthday and I feel like I don't know where to begin - so I thought I'd blog! 

Here are two more features from Ethan's party.

First, as I said in the previous blog, I am trying a candy table for this party.  I thought it would be cute to have a sign for the table.  Here is what I came up with:


What is a birthday party without party hats?  My friend and co-worker Rebecca (who is the one I credit for turning me on to party planning and who herself is a fabulous and talented party planner) found this great website that specializes in personalized Meri Meri party decorations.  If DYI party decorations intimidate you, check out the gals at Make It Mine Parties as well as Meri Meri decorations.  They are simply adorable and have tons of themes and decorations for all sorts of parties from Halloween to Luau's to traditional birthday parties.  They also have several lines of cupcake kits.  I've seen these sold at local boutiques in my hometown. 

Meri Meri has a Racing Car line of invitations and coordinating decorations.  It is so adorable!  Unfortunately, there is no Lightning McQueen incorporated in the decorations for my little guy, so I couldn't use the entire line.  However, Make It Mine has these adorable birthday hats that I couldn't pass up.

 

There is some assembly required, but if I could figure it out, anyone can.  They have hats to coordinate with almost all of Meri Meri's themes.

So now I'm off to turn a garage into a 3 year old's Lightning McQueen birthday wonderland. I am somewhat disappointed that I have to have the party in the garage given the 40% chance of rain the weather people are predicting.  But as Rebecca pointed out to me, given the theme of the party, it is not entirely inappropriate to host the party in a garage!

I'm very excited to post the final pictures after Saturday!  Thanks for reading and have a FABULOUS weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great post, Melissa! I know your party will be fabulous and we can't wait to see your photos! Thanks for "party-ing" with us! Amy - www.makeitmineparties.com

    ReplyDelete