Sunday, December 12, 2010

Buckets of a Girly Baseball Party

As I write this, we here in Wisconsin have had quite the snow storm.  We received over 12 inches of snow and the wind has made it "blizzard like" conditions.  I'm not sure what the weather men mean by "blizzard like" - it is a blizzard!

So, I thought I'd post about something that reminds me of warmer times of the year - baseball!  For Grace's 4th birthday party, for some reason, she decided she wanted a baseball party.  Now this was before she had any sort of "girly" party - no princess party, no fairy party, nothing pretty.  I was a little disappointed, but that's what she picked, so I went with it.  In the end, I loved the theme.  It was a lot of fun.  And again, this was WAAAYYY before I had discovered party-blog land - back in 2008.  But I thought I'd share anyway.

The Decorations

 
 
I took white paper lanterns and adhered red ric rac to them to make them look like baseballs.  The place mats are from Pottery Barn Kids from their baseball line of party decorations - back when they had birthday party themes.
 
Grace's 4 Year poster.
 
 
 
The Favors
For the favors, I found popcorn containers from the dollar aisle at Target and filled them with baseball related items.
 
 
For each party, I try to find a Christmas ornament that goes with the party theme for the guests.  Then at Christmas time, they can remember the party.
 
I made each child a baseball shirt using iron-on transfers.  Their "jersey number" represented their age.
 
 
 
The "team logo" said, "Grace's 4th Birthday Team"
 
Each child also received a personalized baseball hat.  The girls' were pink with a "bling" baseball on the front and their initial in "bling" on the back and the boys' were blue with their initials.
 
 
The Food
What's a baseball party without Cracker Jacks?  I took red ric rac and baseball ribbon and tied it around the Cracker Jacks boxes.
 
I made peanut butter rice krispie treat baseballs.  The glass jar has baseball gum balls inside.
 
Gluten free baseball cupcakes.
 
I had the cake made at a local bakery.  The day of her party was of course horrible weather.  When my husband went to pick it up, the top of the box literally blew off and landed back in the cake.  The bakery had to re-do the entire top of it!  The frosting on top ended up being 3 inches thick!  But it was yummy!
 
The Birthday Girl
 
 
Looking back she looks SO young!!!  I found Grace's outfit on Etsy.  It was so long ago, that I don't remember from where.  Her hat was from a seller on eBay. 
 
I made Chris and I a shirt as well.  My number was 21!
 
I think this party shows that you don't have to be a "professional party planner" to add personal touches to your child's birthday party.  And, if your child choses a theme you're not so thrilled about - go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa-
    I LOVE this party. It is just so sweet to see so much love and thought put into the details. A baseball party for a little girl may be the cutest thing I have ever seen.
    The best part of this party is her sweet little face. She is beaming. Perfect party.

    ReplyDelete