Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Carrot-esq Treat Cones

When I think Easter, I think bunnies.  And what bunny doesn't love a carrot treat!  In honor of all those Wascally Wabbits out there, tonight's Easter craft project are these carrot-esq treat cones. 



To make 8 of these treat cones, here are the supplies you will need:
  • 8-10 sheets of scrapbook paper (I found mine at Hobby Lobby.  I think orange gingham would be adorable, but they did not have any.)
  • 1 roll of 25' green tissue festooning.  (I purchased mine from Shindigz.com.)
  • 10 yards of coordinating ribbon (I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby.)
  • Paper punch
  • Hot glue gun
  • Paper cone template (I used the Silhouette cone template.)
Step 1:  Cut the paper into cone shapes.
Step 2:  Form the cones.


Step 3:  Hot glue the tissue festooning to the top of the cone. 
I doubled the festooning, going around the cone two times.


Here is what the cones will look like after you've added a double layer of the tissue festooning.


Step 4:  Punch a hole on each side of the cone.


Step 5:  Cut ribbon to desired length (I made my ribbon about 2 feet each.



I can't wait to fill the cones with treats for my nieces and nephews and Grace and Ethan for Easter day.  I think they'd look cute hanging from an Easter basket handle as well.

Happy Easter Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. CUTE idea! Love the polka dots...adds a bit of whimsy : )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I'm addicted to polka dots right! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and for posting the carrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ideas! I told my husband I was making a carrot treat- he loves carrot cake and probably thinks it's carrot cake- not I love tricking my husband! All aside I think these are going to be a nice touch to my easter dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable!! I think they'd be fun filled with candy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete