Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baker's Twine Wreath with Paper Doily and Lace Flowers

Only a few days to go until Grace's 1st Communion/8th Birthday party.  So much to do and so little time.  I stayed up way too late finishing off this wreath, but I LOVE how it turned out.  I think I have my new Spring wreath :)  For the 1st Communion, I am going to place a gorgeous sign/banner behind it.  But here it is sans sign:




I used brown and white baker's twine for the top, pink and white baker's twine for the middle and regular twine for the bottom.  I adhered a pink lace flower as well as two paper doily flowers.  The tutorial for the flowers can be found here at Hostess with the Mostess.  This wreath took me almost 3 hours, including kiddo interuptions, bedtime routine and the occasional distraction with Facebook :)


Here is a close up of the lace flowers and doily flowers.  I LOVE the doily flowers!


Tonight's project, trying to figure out what to do with my awesome Scotcheroo pops!  I think I'm going their going to be the new craze on the "pop" scene :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Pinning it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the baker's twine!! So pretty. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete